“The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world’s joy.”…by Henry Ward Beecher
I’m so excited and honored to say that I’ve been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award, which is an award that’s given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading “sunshine” to the blogging community at the same time. When first nominated, I was in a bit of a conundrum, because I found myself nominated by three different bloggers within the same time frame. I didn’t really want to leave anyone out (that seemed rude and unnecessary) so I decided instead to thank all three bloggers, and to recognize all three, in this post. Then, I threw their names in a hat to see whose nomination questions I would be required to answer. So first, hats off to three terrific bloggers who put their hearts and souls into their work and who, I can tell, absolutely love what they’re doing: Karen of Beauty 4 Ashes 24/7, Stuart of Something to Stu Over and Britchy (not her real name!) of Bitchin’ in the Kitchen. And second, let’s throw those names into a hat and see who I have to answer to…
And the winner is…
Ahh, the Britchy one, from Bitchin’ in the Kitchen.
Here, are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and make a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award, and then write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog
Answers to my questions from Britchy:
- How would you describe your blogging to William Shakespeare? It’s like this, Will…every time I place my hands on the keyboard, it becomes a process of “To be, or not to be.”
- What’s your favorite season and why? I think there’s something joyful in EVERY season, but as I mentioned in my blog “Once More,” spring has always been on the very top of my list as it symbolizes a time of rebirth, fresh starts, and new beginnings. Although there’s nothing like that first flake of snow that falls down from the sky…
- What’s your dream job? I dream ALL THE TIME of being a best-selling author. Every part of it…writing, book tours, public speaking, even classroom visits. I LOVE writing, especially when it feels like I’m putting something positive out into the world.
- What did you want to be when you were a child? I think I wanted to be a pop star. Or, maybe even a country singer. Not sure…I remember standing in front of the television dancing and singing to Hee Haw once when I was just a little thing, with my brothers and sister all yelling at me to–“Move!” And no, by the way, not me in the photo here with the lovely flower on her head. I can only wish…
- Where do you hide chocolate from others? How did you know?!? I DO hide chocolate from others! Lol! But if I tell you where, and they read this blog??? Sorry, but my chocolate is much too valuable, and absolutely necessary for my sanity.
- What made you smile today? My son’s smile…the only Sunshine Award I truly need, to be honest. Just look at that gorgeous guy…
- If you could have an all expense paid vacation, where would you choose to send your mother-in-law? Well, my mother-in-law has passed, bless her soul, but if she was here? For some reason, I see her basking in the sun with a brilliant smile on her face somewhere off in the French Riviera, with a cool drink in her hand and a tune in her heart. The woman always had a fantastic tan in the summer…she’d fit in wonderfully there.
- If you could name a new galaxy, what would you choose? Hmm…how about Wildflower Way? Something to remember me by when I’m gone.
- What’s your favorite website? Has to be YouTube–for laughs (Love old Saturday Night Live skits), fun and education (actually learned how to cut my son’s hair on that site) and for watching, again and again, past Super bowl games with my son.
- What’s your best or worst memory of your schooldays? My first grade teacher, Mrs. Johnson, seemed to sense that I needed extra care when I was younger, and she would bring me up during story/nap time and let me sit on her lap as she read books to the entire class. I was the only child she did that with. The lights were always dimmed, for naps, of course, and I just felt really cared for and SEEN. Perhaps that’s why I love books so much, and why I like to write.
- What food can you not bear the thought of living without? Coffee and cream. Oh, wait…that’s not really food, is it. But…yes. Coffee and cream. See the psycho expression on the woman’s face down below in this picture? That’s sort of what I look like WITHOUT my coffee and cream. Not pretty…
Okay, and now, my nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Award are…(wish I could do a drumroll here…)…
Questions for my nominees to answer:
- What is the very first thought you have when you open your eyes in the morning?
- If you find yourself in a dark mood, what do you do to brighten things up?
- If you had to list your top three things that you’re grateful for, what would they be?
- What is something you do when you’re all alone that no one knows about?
- What is your favorite memory from childhood?
- If you could come back to earth as an animal, what animal would that be, and why?
- What is your number one pet peeve?
- What is the main message you hope your blog conveys to its readers?
- If you had to live one week without technology, how would you do? Mentally, that is…
- What wish would you make upon a shooting star?
- One of my favorite television shows to watch when I’m down in the dumps is Shaun the Sheep. What’s yours?
I don’t believe there’s any hurry to answering these questions…so take your time, have fun, and if you’re like me, be pleasantly surprised at learning something new about yourself…♥…then, in love and gratitude, pass it on…
And thank you one more time to: Karen, Stuart and Britchy!!! Check those guys out…they’re awesome!
Photos on VisualHunt. Photo credit: kevin dooley on Visualhunt / CC BY. Photo credit: arbyreed on VisualHunt / CC BY-NC-SA. Photo credit: Rob Swystun on VisualHunt.com / CC BY. Photo credit: classic_film on VisualHunt.com / CC BY-NC.